It is no secret that many professional designers prefer laptops, partly because of their portability and partly because they are a safer option in the event of a power failure. However, choosing the right model for proper 3D modeling or rendering can be quite a challenge, especially for artists just starting out.
While there are a rapidly growing number of different laptops on the market to meet all tastes and preferences, you need to know which one can directly meet your needs, otherwise you’ll be spending money on something that won’t allow you to create first-class 3D models. Quality equipment that does the work and delivers the results you expect is anything but cheap, and you can’t find it in low-budget services.
In line with the above, we cannot stress enough how important it is to know the exact characteristics of your future machine. This can be a considerable investment, especially if you are still a student.
To guide you, we’ve done all the work (or homework, if you prefer) to give you a detailed manual on what to look for in a 3D modelling laptop. Read on to familiarize yourself with the subject if you want to get the most out of your money.
Define your priorities
It all depends on whether you want to use the laptop as your main workstation or as an extra device next to a desktop platform. In the first case, you have to settle for a model that offers real desktop performance, while the second option offers more flexibility in terms of features and therefore price.
As with many things in life, there isn’t a single solution for your ideal 3D modeling laptop. However, there is a list of minimum requirements that you can use as a starting point.
Just a warning: Don’t just make your opinion based on price, because as you can see at https://getsuperbook.com/best-laptop-for-3d-modeling/, even the most expensive models can have defects, while some mid-range products have great features and many advantages.
In any case, since you work with demanding programs such as AutoCAD, Maya, Revit or 3D Max, you need a laptop with a powerful graphics processor, high memory and reliable storage.
Laptop requirements for 3D modeling
Let’s take a closer look at some of the main points of the hardware configuration. When browsing online vendors’ offers or reading reviews on different laptops, you should look for the following features:
- CPU – Contrary to what many people think, it’s not just the graphics card or GPU that counts. In fact, the CPU is responsible for the workload generated by the design software, so keep in mind that the i5 kernel is the absolute minimum. Anything under that number is completely useless. If you expect a flawless, delay-free experience, don’t look at the i7’s basic models.
- RAM is really a must, the RAM of your future laptop must be at least 16 GB. Otherwise you are unlikely to be able to use all the tools you need for 3D modelling.
- GPU – Assuming that you are likely to use GPU rendering, the role of images can hardly be overestimated. Most experts agree that NVIDIA GPUs are slightly ahead of the competition because of the advantages of their CUDA technology.
- Storage – Let’s say 512GB is the minimum for an SSD if you want to save your 3D modelling masterpieces and keep them really handy in the sense that you can access them right away. However, it is likely that you will soon need extra storage space to accommodate all your creations. In fact, an external hard drive is also a viable option, especially since there are many portable devices on the market that have incredible storage capacity.
- The Screen – Although the screen is not the most important factor in the whole story, it will be if you buy a notebook with a panel smaller than 15.6 inches. You will soon realize that it is impossible to work with such a small screen.
With the large number of 3D modelling laptops available on the market, choosing the perfect model can be overwhelming – unless you know exactly what to look for. Determine your priorities and get the best possible return!
best laptop for 3d modeling under $1000,best laptop for rendering architecture,acer conceptd 5 creator laptop,asus tuf gaming fx705dt laptop,lenovo thinkpad p71,hp zbook 15v g5,laptop for 3d renderings,laptops for 3d designer 2019,best laptop for octane render,gaming laptop rgb,best laptop for zbrush,best computer for bim modeling,asus vivobook thin and light gaming laptop,best laptop for 3d modeling reddit,msi p75 creator,msi we63,msi wp65 workstation laptop,best laptop for cad and sketchup,acer aspire 5 a515-54g-53h6 laptop,lenovo thinkpad p52s,asus rog zephyrus m,msi p65 creator,gigabyte aero 15x,macbook for cad work,best pc for 3d modeling,best computer for 3d modeling and rendering 2020,best laptop for 3d modeling and rendering 2020 in india,best desktop computer for 3d modeling and rendering 2020,best laptop for cad and 3d modeling 2020,best laptop for rendering,2018 flagship hp pavilion 15.6 inch flagship notebook laptop computer,best laptop for 3d animation,best laptop for blender